There is no second opinion that videos are everywhere. Have you ever come across whiteboard animation videos?
If yes, then you must have enjoyed that video as they are attractive and informative. If you visit any YouTube channel having animation videos, then you find that they have millions of views.
Whiteboard videos are popular these days and you can see them everywhere. From social media campaigns to business presentations, you can find this kind of eye-catching video everywhere.
Do you know, we can make explainer videos using whiteboard animation software? If you think animated videos need video editors and animation experts, then it is not correct.
You can make awesome videos using whiteboard animation software. But there are so many tools available in the market and it can easily confuse one.
Don’t worry. We have done extensive research and come up with a list of the best tools to make animation videos.
What Is Whiteboard Animation?
Before proceeding further, let’s understand what is whiteboard animation first. If you already know, then you can jump to the below section.
Whiteboard animation is the process that drawing an illustrated story on a whiteboard or something having a white background. The animation process contains time-lapse or stop-motion effects that draw themselves.
Now you need not draw the picture on a whiteboard physically and record the entire process. With advanced video development technology, we can automate the production process using whiteboard animation tools.
It contains all the templates and animation effects you ever need. Users can make an awesome explainer video within minutes.
Why Whiteboard Animation Videos Are So Popular?
With the explosion of video marketing, the popularity of whiteboard animation videos is skyrocketing. Everyone has jumped on the ongoing video bandwagon.
So you can see they use whiteboard animation-style videos in product demos, explainer videos, kids’ stories, educational presentations, and many other forms of visuals.
Here are some benefits of whiteboard animation videos:
- These types of videos are eye-catching and appealing.
- It is self-explanatory and gets the audience’s attention.
- Have a higher rate of conversion.
- Video production is cheaper than other formats.
How To Choose The Best Whiteboard Animation Software?
There are many whiteboard animation software available and you will surely get confused. So let’s see some features you need to find inside the software.
These are some important features you should watch on a tool.
To sum up, there is no particular answer to this as it depends from person to person.
8 Best Whiteboard Animation Software
We have done extensive research and tested much software available in the market. Based on our research, we come up with 8 softwares helpful for whiteboard animation video production.
$20 - $39
14 Days Trial
6. Vyond (Goanimate)
14 Days Trial
Doodly is one of the most famous drag-and-drop whiteboard animation software. They claim that anyone can start creating videos after a few minutes, having no technical knowledge.
Besides that, you can also create blackboard, green board, and even glass board doodle videos using this tool.
They have an extensive collection of images in their library. You can drag and drop them into your project and start editing. Using Doodly Smart Draw technology you can upload your images and draw custom draw paths.
This tool allows you to choose between tens of different male or female hands, also available in various colors, sizes, and ethnicities.
There is also the option to add your voice-over. Their audio library contains hundreds of royalty-free background music.
While most software allows a limited install, Doodly provides an unlimited number of installs. Doodly software is compatible with Windows and Mac.
Awesome Features of Doodly
- Tons of pre-madedDoodles, graphics, & royalty-free music
- Install on Multiple Devices [Mac & Windows]
- Can add Voice Over
- Custom draw paths
Doodly charges you on a monthly and yearly basis. With an annual subscription, you will get a 49% discount.
They are offering two plans, Standard & Enterprise. For detailed info, check out the plan details below.
1. Standard Plan: The standard plan costs $39/month when paid monthly and the price gets reduced to $20/month if you go with an annual plan. With a standard plan, you will get 803 Character images, 1,157 Prop images, 84 Scene Templates & 100 Royalty-Free music tracks. And you can create unlimited Videos with a Standard plan.
2. Enterprise Plan: The Enterprise plan costs $69/month with a monthly subscription & $40/month with annual subscriptions. With the Enterprise plan, you get access to 3596 Character images, 3000+ Prop images, & 150 Royalty-Free music tracks.
Other than that you will get access to Doodly Club- Monthly Membership where you will get new images and characters. The enterprise plan also allows you to create unlimited whiteboard animated videos.
Videoscribe is another well-known video animation software that allows users to create high-quality whiteboard explainer videos.
It’s easy to use drag and drop editor equipped with many functionalities. As soon as you sign up for Videoscribe, they will allow you to access a library of thousands of customizable images, characters, and music.
You would also get hundreds of custom templates for various purposes. Whether you are a beginner or pro, you will find appropriate features in it.
The best thing is, that Videoscribe provides a 7-day free trial (No credit card is required to start). This helps you to test the features. Videoscribe is available for Windows and Mac.
Awesome Features of VideoScribe
- Easy to use [Beginners Friendly]
- Knowledgeable & helping support the team
- Available for Mac OS & Windows OS
- 6,000+ free images, 190+ royalty-free music tracks
- Voice-over recording & importing options are available
VideoScribe pricing is divided into two major categories. One is Single Users and the other is Team Licenses.
1. Single Users: Inside the Single User’s plan, you would get three plans based on the duration. The yearly plan costs $8 per month, the quarterly plan is priced at $35 for three months, and the monthly plan is listed at $17.50 per month.
2. Team Licenses:
With the Team license plan, you would get multiple simultaneous logins.
- A Team of 5+ users costs $155 per user
- A Team of 10+ users costs $150 per user
- A Team of 20+ users costs $145 per user
If you are buying this tool for charity or non-profit organizations, then you would get additional discounts.
Toonly is another simple and effective whiteboard animation tool. The simple drag-and-drop video editor allows you to create awesome videos without having professional editing skills.
Their easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface allows you to drag backgrounds, characters, and audio files from their library. According to the Toonly website, they have more than 750 character images, 70 background scenes, thousands of objects audio files, etc. In addition to that, you can add your own images as well.
This tool also allows you to add a voiceover to your videos. Otherwise, just click the record button and start talking. Toonly will automatically add your voice to the video.
After you’ve successfully created your custom whiteboard animated explainer video, you can export it in various resolutions (480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K, even custom), and file sizes (24-60 fps), or quality (low-maximum).
Toonly software is available for both Windows and Mac. After purchasing a plan, you will get the download link. The setup process is also easy and you would also get a step-by-step guide as well.
Awesome Features of Toonly
- Tons of ready-made characters & backgrounds.
- Character animations (Exercising, Lip-syncing, etc).
- Available for Mac OS & Windows OS (Multiple Install).
- Feature to add your own voice-over.
Toonly has two plans for users. One is the standard and the other is Enterprise.
1. Standard Plan:
The Standard plan of Toonly includes 30 characters, 17 character animations, 1058 prop images, 71 backgrounds, 10 premade senses, 21 sense translations, 20 background audio, and 3 text animations, and can create unlimited videos. With the Standard Plan, you can’t access Toonly Club.
The Standard plan of Toonly costs $20 per month when billed annually.
2. Enterprise Plan:
The Enterprise plan of Toonly includes 82 characters, 30 character animations, 2024 prop images, 139 backgrounds, 20 premade senses, 101 sense translations, 142 background audio, 5 text animations, and can create unlimited videos. With the Enterprise plan, you can access Toonly Club.
This is the highest plan of Toonly. The Enterprise plan of Toonly costs $40 per month when billed annually.
Animaker is another popular tool in this space. They claim that it is the most complete video marketing tool.
One of the first things you will notice after entering into the interface is simplicity. They have added many functionalities including complex ones in an easy-to-use user interface.
Animaker has an extensive library of characters, backgrounds, etc. Their character builder feature allows you to customize a character with various outfits, accessories, etc.
The best thing about Animaker software is that you can sign up for a free plan. The free plan includes watermarks on videos. The base plan costs $19 per month when billed annually. They also provide students and NGOs with some additional discounts.
Each character has over 20 facial expressions that help to bring your characters & videos to life. Enable the auto lip-sync option so that the character will talk according to your voiceover.
Awesome Features of Animaker
- Character Builder: Customize the character according to your need.
- 20 facial expressions and auto lip-syncing.
- Smart Move: Add complex animation with 1 click.
- Record your own voice.
Animaker has three plans. Free, Starter, and Business.
As the name suggests, you would get the plan for free. With this plan, you would get 5 Downloads (with watermark), HD quality videos, No Pay per Download option, Build 2 Custom characters, 5 Premium Asset credits, 10 GIF Downloads, 10 Free Music tracks Free Support, 2 Factor Authentication, and many more.
2. Starter Plan:
With the Starter plan, you would get 6 premium downloads, full HD quality videos, build 7 custom characters, 15 premium asset credits, 30 GIF downloads, 100+ free music tracks, 2-factor authentication, and many more.
The Starter plan costs $19 per month when billed annually. You need to pay $15 per extra Download.
3. Business Plan:
With the Business plan, you would get 10 premium downloads, 2K quality videos, build 20 custom characters, 30 premium asset credits, 50 GIF downloads, 100+ free music tracks, premium support, 2-factor authentication, and many more.
The Business plan costs $39 per month when billed annually. You need to pay $10 per extra Download.
They also provide students and NGOs with some additional discounts.
Powtoon is another software for making engaging and appealing animation videos. Their user interface is very simple and even newbies can start making animation videos in a few minutes.
Many people also use Powtoon for making presentations. You can make professional-looking business presentations using their software.
For whiteboard animation videos, you will have an extensive library of images, characters, backgrounds, etc. For every purpose, you would get a custom template that can be edited.
Awesome Features of PowToon
- Extensive library of Images, characters & Background.
- Pre-made templates to create videos within a minutes.
- Publish as PPT & PDF.
- You can get started for free (Free Plan).
There are 4 plans in Powtoon. Free, Pro, Pro+, & Agency.
1. Free: With the free plan, you would get up to 3 minutes of HD videos, 100 MB storage, and a Powtoon watermark.
2. Pro: With the Pro plan, you would get 5 premium exports per month, up to 10 minutes of full HD video, 2 GB storage, privacy control, and many more. It costs $19 per month with annual billing.
3. Pro+: With the Pro+ plan, you would get unlimited exports, up to 20 minutes of full HD video, 10 GB storage, privacy control, commercial user rights, and many more. It costs $29 per month with annual billing.
4. Agency: With the Pro+ plan, you would get unlimited exports, up to 30 minutes of full HD video, 100 GB storage, privacy control, commercial user rights, third-party resell rights, upload custom fonts, advanced animation, and many more. It costs $99 per month with annual billing.
They have additional Educational and Business plans.
Vyond (previously known as GoAnimate) is an online video animation tool. Do you have a story to tell in the form of animated videos? Then Vyond is one of the right platforms for you.
As it is a web-based tool, you don’t need heavy resources in your local system. All you need to have is a browser and you are good to go.
The Vyond web interface is quite clean and easy to use. If you are a newbie then you won’t face any difficulty at the time of editing. All the functionalities are in a well-organized manner.
Awesome Features of VYOND (GoAnimate)
- 100s of premade templates, lots of characters, and animations.
- Character and object animation.
- Automatic character lip-syncing.
- Easy customization.
Vyond has 4 plans to choose from. Essential, Premium, Professional, and Enterprise.
Note: Vyond provides a free 14 days trial (no credit card information required) to test their service.
1. Essential Plan: With the Essential plan, you would get export MP4 videos in 720p resolution, color-changeable props, classic whiteboard characters, and much more. It costs $299 per year.
2. Premium Plan: With the Premium plan you would get all the features in the Essential plan. In addition to that, you would get to export MP4 videos in 1080p resolution, Vyond community access, and many more. It costs $649 per year.
3. Professional Plan: With the Professional plan, you would get all the features of the Premium plan. In addition to that, you would get modern 2D characters, the option to import fonts, priority phone call support, and many more. It costs $999 per year.
4. Enterprise Plan: With the Enterprise plan, you would get all the features available in Vyond. You need to contact Vyond for custom enterprise pricing.
RenderForest is one of the best online video animation makers. It is used for making professional intros, whiteboard animations, promo videos, product promotion videos, slideshows, music visualizations, etc.
Its cloud-based video editing platform allows you to create awesome animation videos in minutes. There is a huge library of stock images, video clips, background music, etc.
Other features of RenderForest allow you to create a professional logo and stunning websites. According to their company, they were among the top 100 software companies in 2019.
Awesome Features of Renderforest
- Up to 60-minute videos.
- 150+ commercial music tracks.
- No watermarks.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
RenderForest has 5 plans. Free, Amateur, Pro, Popular, and Agency.
1. Free Plan: You can go with the free plan but contains a lot of limitations. With this plan, you would get 300 MB of Free Cloud Storage.
2. Amateur Plan: With the Amateur plan, you would get 7 HD720 videos per month, Up to 5 -minute videos, 30+ commercial music tracks, No watermarks on HD videos, 1 premium website, 10 GB storage, and much more. It costs $9.99 per month when billed annually.
3. Pro Plan: With the Pro plan, you would get 20 HD720 videos per month, Up to 15-minute videos, 60+ commercial music tracks, No watermarks on HD videos, 1 premium website, 20 GB of cloud storage, and much more. It costs $24.99 per month when billed annually.
4. Popular Plan: With the Popular plan, you would get 60 HD720 or 30 HD1080 videos per month, Up to 30-minute videos, 100+ commercial music tracks, No watermarks on HD videos, 1 premium website, 40 GB cloud storage, and much more. It costs $39.99 per month when billed annually.
5. Agency Plan: With the agency plan, you would get unlimited HD1080 videos per month, Up to 60-minute videos, 150+ commercial music tracks, No watermarks on HD videos, 1 premium website, 80 GB cloud storage, reseller license, and much more. It costs $49.99 per month when billed annually.
MysimplyShow is another easy-to-use tool for making whiteboard animation videos. This tool contains a guided process to make videos in minutes.
Their user interface is easy to use and one can learn editing in a few times. Once you start editing a video you will get familiar with the functionalities. Just have to choose the options.
This tool has a vast library of images and templates so that you can start making videos right away. This tool also allows you to record the voiceover and directly integrate it into the explainer video.
Awesome Features of MySimpleShow
- Explainer Engine automatically turns text into video.
- Thousands of slideshow, images, graphics, & templates.
- Voiceover functionality.
- Automated Speakers (English & Germans).
MySimplyShow has three plans. Business, Pro, and Enterprise.
1. Business Plan: With the business plan, you would get to remove the MysimpleShow watermark, download your video in HD, benefit from privacy for your videos, benefit from version history, commercial rights, and much more. It costs $129 per month.
2. Pro Plan: With the Pro plan, you would get all the benefits of the Business plan and add your own watermark, edit subtitles, use your own background music, and much more.
3. Enterprise Plan: With the Enterprise plan, you would get all the benefits given by MySimplyShow. You need to contact their team to know the pricing of this plan.
So these are some of the best whiteboard animation software you can use to make an awesome video. Instead of hiring a video editor or animator, you can make your own whiteboard videos in a few minutes using the above software.
According to your uses and requirement choose one of the above tools.
Which tool you are going to use? Feel free to comment below. If you are using any other tool for making whiteboard animation videos, then mention it in the comment section as well.